A friend of mine sent me a wonderful piece called “Catching the Wild Pig”. For those of you who have never heard this parable (and I hadn’t until now), here it is: advertisement advertisement A chemistry professor at a large college had some exchange students in the class. One day while the class was in the lab the Professor noticed one young man (exchange student) who kept rubbing his back, and stretching as if his back hurt.The professor asked the young man what was the matter. The student told him he had a bullet lodged in his back. He had been shot while fighting communists in his native country who were trying to overthrow his country’s government and install a new communist government. In the midst of his story he looked at the professor and asked a strange question. He asked, ‘Do you know how to catch wild pigs?’The professor thought it was a joke and asked for the punch line. The young man said this was no joke. ‘You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground. The pigs find it and begin to come every day to eat the free corn…. Read full this story
- Armagh learned valuable lesson from tight win: McCorry
- Keith Thurman says he needs to take more risks, reveals valuable lesson from Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- A Year Alone in a Cabin Taught Me Valuable Lessons About Leadership
- ATP Finals: Djokovic teaches Zverev a valuable lesson
- Kvyat’s valuable lesson: Never give up
- Wild's Marcus Foligno evolving into team leader
- Celebrity Endorsements Offer Marketing Lesson: Make It Fit
- These Two Pulsars Tails Offer Geometry Lessons To Astronomers
- Leadership Lessons: Micromanaging Limits Your Team's Potential
- Police called on Browns fan wildly celebrating trade in yard
To Catch a Wild Pig – A Parable About Society That Offers Valuable Lessons for Leaders have 306 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at October 23, 2008. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.