After the mislabeling of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccinations, produced by US based Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD), was discovered, the Drug Administrator of Vietnam wrote to the producer to correct the fault. However, the drug maker ran foul of Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health (DOH) by contradicting the DoH’s instructions. Kha My Linh, head of MSD Vietnam, concluded that “Investigations carried out by the company showed that there are very few of risks when injecting vaccines into muscle,” and called for understanding from medical clinics over its mistake and continue to use the vaccine by injecting beneath the skin. Following the announcement from MSD, DoH’S deputy director, Pham Khanh Phong Lan, on March 17 convened an urgent meeting with MSD’s representative. Alycia Draper, representative for Merck Sharp & Dohme in Asia, maintained that mislabeling of the vaccine is not serious. Dr. Lan considered the response unacceptable as the rate of complications after vaccinations may rise. At the Tuesday meeting, Ms Draper refused to cooperate with DoH when the authority wanted to know the quantity of vaccines imported into Vietnam, how much has been distributed to the city and how the mislabeling has effected patients’ health. Ms Draper said she…
- FDA shames drug companies suspected of using ‘gaming tactics’ to delay competition
- Trump sells out to the drug companies, according to Trump
- FDA names drug companies that may 'game' the system to stall generics
- Just saying yes to drug companies
- Minnesota Senate advances opioid fee despite opposition from drug companies
- Mueller contacted drug company about Cohen payment in November
- Congressional challengers use bill backed by drug companies against incumbents
- FDA calls out 39 drug companies for allegedly blocking access to generics
- Evansville sues drug companies in federal court over opioid epidemic
- Los Angeles sues drug companies for 'driving opioid epidemic'
Drug company refuses to cooperate with DoH have 304 words, post on at March 18, 2009. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.