Every year you celebrate the birthday of your kids and each time round, it seems to be the same boring stuff. Sending out invitations beforehand to relatives who stay in distant places, preparing lists of those who are closer! Checking out the lists to make sure they are updated and updating and correcting the wrong ones. This is generally followed by searching the internet to find some sites from where you purchase return gifts and finally ordering the birthday cards and mailing them.
Obviously, in between you also purchase some birthday gifts for your kid and if your house has enough space you also get a magic show or some other entertaining show conducted during the birthday party. You have been following this routine religiously for the past couple of years. Is it not time to do something different, something away from the beaten track and amaze your kids and his friends? Why not opt in for a birthday theme party? This is the in thing nowadays and will give all attendees of the party something to cheer about. In case you are wondering about birthday theme parties, it is a simple thing where the entire party is centered on a particular theme.
Suppose you opt in for the Egyptian theme, then all the entertainment going on in the birthday party will be based on Egypt. You can have Egyptian music playing in the background instead of the normal rap or dance music. The food served at the party can be based on eatables that are common to Egypt. If you can afford it, get hold of some organizations that specialize in such thematic parties. They will, as per your budget, recreate a scene right out of `Ali Baba & the 40 Thieves’.
You can well have the desert recreated in your lawn and the kids can come dressed as the 40 thieves. There are many crazy things you can do with such parties as long as you have the budget. The cake can be hidden within a toy mountain and you kid needs to say `Open Sesame’ before it opens. If you are planning to arrange such a thematic birthday party, it is recommended that you mention the same in the invitation cards and post them well in advance. The kids attending the party will need time to select and purchase dresses suitable for the theme.
Such thematic parties, especially like the ones mentioned above are a treat to both kids and adults alike, especially if a lissome `Fatima’ (remember that girl that Ali Baba loves?) is there to serve drinks to them, swaying to the sound of Arabian music. You can also add in some belly dancers to enhance the effect of the party. There are many gift shops that sell small boxes made out of acrylic and shaped like jewels. Fill them with toffees and give them to the kids who attend the party. They will love to show of Ali Baba’s jewels to their parents.
- This is 40! Newser Rich O'Malley celebrates milestone birthday with one epic sports-spectating journey
- Local music picks for Phoenix: Decker., Paper Foxes, Playboy Manbaby, Herbert Walker
- MLB Fan Cave dwellers Mike O'Hara, Ryan Wagner dish on life with athletes, pizza and crazy locals
- Broad Ripple’s weekly reggae party turns 20
- Phoenix local music picks for May: Blunt Club anniversary, Decker., the Stakes, Tom Petty tribute
- Dining guide: 50 bars and restaurants near spring-training stadiums
- Phoenix local music picks: Phoenix Afrobeat Orchestra, Wyves, Young Mothers, the Sink or Swim
- Mailbag: Caterers, Dover eats and missing Casablanca
- Free & Cheap New York: Where to go and what to do around the city for the week of May 6, 2012
- 200-mile Frank Lloyd Wright Trail in Wisconsin showcases architect's diverse works