With more than 250 responses to our call for your favorite beaches, it’s obvious that you love the feel of sand between your toes, sunlight on your face, and the sound of waves crashing. Not to mention that you have different ideas for what makes an ideal beach. We’ve received nominations for beaches from all over the world, with quite a few in the U.S., especially in Florida and Hawaii. However, there’s enough variety to keep the list interesting. So, without further ado, here are your favorite beaches in order from those that recieved the most comments to the least. Image Gallery View as one page Siesta Key, Florida Located just a hop, skip, and a jump from Sarasota, Florida, Siesta Key is at the top of many reader’s lists. In fact, several people commented that this is by far the best beach they have ever stepped foot on. The reasons are plain to see when you consider the powder-like sand stretches that go on for miles and the potential for a wide variety of wildlife sightings. Reader tmcree said, “I love Siesta Key, Florida. It has white, wide beaches with powder soft sand. I have never seen a better… Read full this story
- 15 cities you have to visit at least once, according to travelers
- Inside the colorful offices of a millennial media startup where employees survive long days with free snacks and Champagne
- 2 startup founders quietly created the new ‘Oprah’s Book Club’ for millennials — and the publishing industry is obsessed
- Seizing moments in El Nido
- Christmas 1941: End of An Era
- Sweet Valley High
Our Readers' 15 Favorite Beaches have 265 words, post on www.smartertravel.com at January 29, 2010. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.