IN NOVEMBER 2005, three senior aides to Britain's royal family noticed odd things happening on their mobile phones. Messages they had never listened to were somehow appearing in their mailboxes as if heard and saved. Equally peculiar were stories that began appearing about Prince William in one of the country's biggest tabloids, News of the World. The stories were banal enough (Prince William pulled a tendon in his knee, one revealed). But the royal aides were puzzled as to how News of the World had gotten the information, which was known among only a small, discreet circle. They began to suspect that someone was eavesdropping on their private conversations. By early January 2006, Scotland Yard had confirmed their suspicions. An unambiguous trail led to Clive Goodman, the News of the World reporter who covered the royal family, and to a private investigator, Glenn Mulcaire, who also worked for the paper. The two men had somehow obtained the PIN codes needed to access the voice mail of the royal aides. Scotland Yard told the aides to continue operating as usual while it pursued the investigation, which included surveillance of the suspects' phones. A few months later, the inquiry took a remarkable… Read full this story
- Ukraine fears a coordinated hacking attack from Russia
- Ticketfly remains offline following hack attack in which user data was accessed
- Banks to be subjected to ‘cyber stress tests’ to see if they could withstand a major hacking attack
- Ticketfly takes websites offline after hack and ransom demand
- The Queen reportedly broke royal protocol to criticise miners’ strike in the 1970s
- Tabloid allegedly ran stories by Trump before publishing
- Cybersecurity tips at live hacking event
- Queen chats with Sarah, Duchess of York during Royal Ascot
- There's a Brute Force Hack That Can Bypass the iPhone's Passcode Limit
- What Is Social Engineering? What Are Different Types Of Social Engineering Attacks?
Tabloid Hack Attack on Royals, and Beyond have 306 words, post on www.nytimes.com at September 1, 2010. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.