The Chicago Bears would like to think they have an edge over theMinnesota Vikings if their Monday night game is playedoutdoors.The NFL spent part of Wednesday reviewing the Vikings’ plan toplay the game at the University of Minnesota’s outdoor stadiumbecause repairs to the snow-damaged roof of the Metrodome won’t bedone in time.The Bears beat the Vikings 27-13 on Nov. 13 and a win in therematch could give them the NFC North title.”The biggest thing is we’ve got to play the Vikings thisweek,” long snapper Patrick Mannelly said. ”We’re not playingconditions or stadiums, we’re playing the Vikings. So, first andforemost, we’ve got to worry about them and then we’ll go fromthere.”The Bears own a 16-9 record in outdoor cold weather games inDecember and January under coach Lovie Smith and have won 10straight outdoors in those conditions against dome or warm-weatherteams.Forecasts for Monday night in Minneapolis call for single-digittemperatures and subzero wind chills.”Wherever it is, if it’s in the parking lot, we’ll both be onthe same parking lot playing, and both teams have to adjust,”Bears defensive end Israel Idonije said.Bears players and coaches on Wednesday said they had not yetbeen officially notified the game will be at the university’s TCFBank Stadium. The… Read full this story
- Mexico president elect says will invite Trump to inauguration
- US indicts Russian intel officers ahead of Trump-Putin meet
- UN permits North Koreans to travel to Vietnam for Trump-Kim summit - VnExpress International
- Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi to further mutual agendas - VnExpress International
- Hanoi businesses do brisk business with Trump-Kim summit specials - VnExpress International
- Trump says record-long govt shutdown could be resolved 'in 15 minutes'
- Hanoi to patrol key locations round the clock ahead of Trump-Kim summit - VnExpress International
- Trump and Kim to sign 'joint agreement' after Hanoi summit - VnExpress International
- Trump and Putin to stage long-awaited summit in Finland
- Trump will sign bill to avoid shutdown, then announce $8bil national emergency for border wall
Bears say playoff bid trumps location vs Vikings have 341 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 15, 2010. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.