They must have been having a good laugh down in Miami on Saturday and not just at what the team in green was doing at the Garden in what has to rank as one of the all-time low points for a very proud Boston Celtics franchise. You could even imagine some members of the Heat watching all the bad basketball being played by the Knicks and saying, “If they’re supposed to be our toughest test in the East, we can book our flights to Oklahoma City.’’ Except for the last five or six minutes of their 2013 playoff opener, the Knicks didn’t look like they belong on the same court with the defending champs, even if they did come away with an 85-78 victory. The Celtics were so feeble, scoring all of eight points in the fourth quarter, they didn’t belong on the same court with the Charlotte Bobcats. Eight points in a quarter on three baskets? Twenty-five points for a half? Larry Bird used to get those totals all by himself. “We couldn’t put the ball in the basket,’’ Kevin Garnett said, in the understatement of the year. That, plus eight turnovers in the final 12 minutes, doomed the… Read full this story
- Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra breaks down during post-game press conference
- NBA Finals: James Powers LA Lakers To 102-96 Win Over Heat In Game 4, A Wrap Up On Key Performances
- 'The Last Dance' reveals how Michael Jordan's rivalry with the New York Knicks intensified from 1989-1996
- Teen Mom Briana DeJesus reveals fiance Javi Gonzalez proposed using a baby JAGUAR at zoo in Miami
- NBA free agency 2021: Projecting salary cap space and spending power for each team, from Knicks to Warriors
- NBA free agency 2021: Team-by-team look at every free agent on the market this offseason
- Most Likely Trade Destinations For OKC Thunder’s Kemba Walker
- Report: Lillard trade not likely this offseason; Heat, Knicks, Sixers among suitors
- Texans reemerge after pandemic isolation: 'Like the end of prohibition'
- NBA Mock Draft 2021: Scottie Barnes goes No. 3 based on who is most likely to have the best NBA career
To defending champion Miami Heat, NY Knicks must look like chumps have 343 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at April 21, 2013. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.