There’s no reason for me to pretend this Derek Fisher-Billy Hunter feud isn’t personal for me. It became personal the moment Fisher publicly threatened to sue me because I reported a major rift between Hunter and Fisher, the former executive director and current president of the NBA players union, respectively, during the 2011 NBA lockout. In Oct. 2011, I wrote a column revealing that sources close to the labor negotiations told me Hunter and a member of the NBPA executive committee confronted Fisher regarding their suspicion that Fisher had undermined the union’s negotiating leverage by telling commissioner David Stern he could deliver the union at a 50-50 split on basketball-related income. You can read the full column here. Fisher responded to my column by threatening a lawsuit. He released a statement to the media. “The statements made in recent articles on the Fox Sports website are inexcusable. Among the many baseless accusations, to allege that I am working with the league for my personal gain is unequivocally false. The implication that I am doing anything but working in the best interests of the players is disgusting, defamatory and a flat out lie. I have issued a letter through my attorneys… Read full this story
- How Will 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Deal with Carrie Fisher's Death?
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Press Panel Lights Go out When J.J. Abrams Is Talking About Carrie Fisher
- Carrie Fisher Won't Appear in Star Wars: Episode IX
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Director J.J. Abrams Says Most Important Thing Is Making the Late Carrie Fisher “Proud”
- Colin Trevorrow Promises He'll Keep Carrie Fisher's Soul Alive For Episode IX
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Actress Daisy Ridley on the Challenge of Filming Without Carrie Fisher
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Doesn't Use Any Carrie Fisher Footage From The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Cast Reveals Carrie Fisher's Best Advice
- League of Legends Creator Riot Games Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Lawsuit
- Riot Games Reaches Settlement Over Class Action Lawsuit
Lawsuit signals Fisher’s game is up have 336 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 15, 2013. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.