HONDA Motor Co. recently announced that it would be participating in Formula One beginning 2015 under a joint project with McLaren. Honda will be in charge of the development, manufacture and supply of the car’s engine and energy recovery system while McLaren will work on the chassis, as well as managing the new team called McLaren Honda. This marks Honda’s fourth comeback to the sport, following its foray into it from 1964 to 1968. The carmaker returned from 1983 to 1992 to supply engines to top teams like Tyrell, Lotus, Williams and McLaren, and from 1988 to 1991 won four consecutive world constructors’ and driver’s titles. In 2000 Honda entered F1 again as an engine supplier before turning into an all-Honda team. It bowed out at the end of the 2008 season. Honda said it decided to return to F1 again following the sport’s new regulations of adopting 1.6-liter direct-injection turbo-charged V6 engines with energy recovery systems beginning 2014. Honda said that the “opportunity to further develop these powertrain technologies” through racing is “central” to its decision, adding that the new regulations will encourage technological progress.
- PCSB Financial Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter Results and Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Rossi, Hunter-Reay Lead Honda Qualifying Runs at Pocono
- Daily Drive-Thru: The most American cars of 2017, Chevy Bolt goes national, first Honda Civic Type R at auction and more
- PAMM to present ‘Grids: A Selection of Paintings by Lynne Golob Gelfman’
- NuVista Announces Acquisition of Premium Pipestone Asset, $419 Million Equity Offering and Growth Plan to Over 110,000 Boe/d
- Kimball International, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2018 Results
- Carpenter Technology Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2018 Results
- Noble Energy Announces Second Quarter 2018 Results
- CareTrust REIT Announces Second Quarter 2018 Operating Results; Updates 2018 Guidance
- TC PipeLines, LP Announces 2018 Second Quarter Financial Results
Honda announces fourth return to Formula One grid have 284 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at June 3, 2013. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.