Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band had been all over the planet with Sting, Peter Gabriel, Tracy Chapman and Youssou N’Dour by the time the 1988 Amnesty International Human Rights Now tour touched down on Africa’s Ivory Coast. However, they’d never seen a crowd like the 50,000 fans at le Félicia soccer stadium. “It was a stadium of entirely black faces,” Springsteen recalled recently. “Clarence [Clemons] said to me, ‘Now you know what it feels like!’ There were about 60 seconds where you could feel people sussing us out, and then the whole place just exploded. The band came off feeling like it was the first show we’d ever done. We had to go and prove ourselves on just what we were doing that moment on stage.” Check Out All the Hottest Live Photos of 2013 The concert was one of the final stops on the Human Rights Now! tour, the second of two all-star tours that Amnesty International staged in the mid-1980s to spread awareness of human rights atrocities across the globe. They were herculean efforts that made all previous benefit concerts – Live Aid included – seem like a minor undertaking. The Amnesty International tours featured once-in-a-lifetime… Read full this story
- Top 12 World News Stories In 2006 - Recap Of What Happened Around The World
- Conspiracy Foods, The Inside Story about the Mass Produced Foods that are Making Society Sick
- Osama bin Laden Type International Terrorist Attack in Egypt
- Interview With Expert & Author Of Books On Famous and Interesting Hotels Around The World
- The United States Military is Impotent in Catching International Terrorists
- Multi Family Dwellings Targets of International Terrorism; case study
- The International Terrorists and the Nation States that Sponsor Them Believe They Can Win?
- Elton John Backed by The World Peace Religion
- Tour Ayers Rock in Central Australia
- Gridiron Gang - Starring WWE's "The Rock" - a Movie Review
How Amnesty International Rocked the World: The Inside Story have 306 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at October 25, 2013. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.