Bruce Momjian years ago salvaged a nearly abandoned open source database project: PostgreSQL. Today he heads an international group helping to keep its community growing. He also is a key architect for a commercial database company that supports his advisory group and the Postgres open source community.PostreSQL, a popular open source object-relational database management system (ORDBMS), is more commonly known as “Postgres.” The free community-driven software owes much of its success in a very competitive database field to the PostgreSQL Global Development Group headed by Bruce Momjian.Linux distributions typically have PostgreSQL available in supplied packages. Apple’s OS X has PostgreSQL server as its standard default database in the server edition, and it includes PostgreSQL client tools in the desktop edition.Momjian is instrumental in guiding the PostreSQL community, considered to be the world’s largest independent open source development community. He is not the inventor of the open source database, but he stepped into a leading role in developing the project when it was close to being abandoned some 18 years ago.He did not start out as a computer programmer, but his strong interest in what makes databases work gave him a hands-on desire to fix what he saw broken. Momjian started… Read full this story
- New gated community of estate-sized lots now available for purchase on Scenic Loop Road
- Under my watch, we remained committed to investing in the market despite challenges
- Travel From Paradise To The Garden Of Eden
- PGA Tour poised to play in city of Detroit for first time
- Doctors warned that Oregon killer, rapist would attack again. The state released him.
- Foamland Security: Ferry Riders Say de Blasio’s Subsidies Spare Them Subway Trauma
- Wednesday's Boro blog: Play-off tickets go on general sale
- What is artist James Turrell creating inside a Flagstaff crater? He's been at it for 40 years
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW Bruce Momjian: PostgreSQL Prefers the Scenic Route have 301 words, post on www.technewsworld.com at February 25, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.