Splashes of yellow, crowds and lots of excitement around Yorkshire, as the 101st Tour de France gets under way. BBC website readers have been sending their picturesBrian Goldthorpe snapped this picture of the Coaches and Horses pub near the finishing line in Harrogate, which has been renamed in honour of British cyclist Mark Cavendish whose mother lives nearby.Iain Cole sent us this photo of spectators watching the cyclists pass through Buttertubs pass, Yorkshire Dales.Peter Miller sent us his picture of a skeleton posed on a bicycle outside Ilkley Osteopathic Practice in Ilkley, West Yorkshire.Nick Huntridge took this picture of the Holy Trinity Church in Skipton, North Yorkshire adorned in the Tour’s famous leader jersey colour yellow.Howard Whiteley snapped the competitors as they passed by on the Harrogate road near Wike.Howard also spotted the Red Arrows approaching Harewood House, the scene of le Grand Depart of the Tour.Sarah Haywood who snapped this picture of Chris Froome in Leeds city centre near the start of the race says “Seeing the Tour de France like this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.” The crowds strain to take pictures as the Grand Depart passes through Leeds city centre. Photo: Sarah HaywoodHollie Crabtree took… Read full this story
- Marine Le Pen and Emmanuel Macron face off for the soul of France
- Taste of the Tour: Hunting with dogs for ‘Black Diamonds’
- Is Michael Ball touring in 2019, how did he meet Alfie Boe and who is his partner Cathy McGowan?
- Fears for Tour de France amid coronavirus
- Asian spice meets classic French cuisine in Le Cordon Bleu’s movie-inspired masterclass
- Youths inspired by Israeli farming hold free green tours to farms outside Saigon
- Jonny Bairstow's mother Janet named Yorkshire's first female vice-president
- College football recruiting: Kansas, Les Miles to host virtual junior day amid coronavirus concerns
- Paris hopes €1bn revamp of Les Halles can become city's 'beating heart'
- Les Blank: Burden of Dreams
Le Tour de Yorkshire have 318 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at July 5, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.