SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea on Thursday proposed talks on its plans to send athletes and cheerleaders to the Asian Games in South Korea.North Korea has said its participation in the Asian Games scheduled from Sept. 19 to Oct. 4 in the South Korean city of Incheon would promote reconciliation between the rivals.North Korea has also suggested other measures that it says would ease tension, such as ending mutual slandering between the two countries and the cancellation of regular South Korea-U.S. military drills that it calls an invasion rehearsal. South Korea has rejected the proposals saying the North must first take steps toward nuclear disarmament.Pyongyang’s Korean Central News Agency said the North proposed a meeting at a border village next Tuesday to discuss its Asian Games participation.South Korea’s Unification Ministry said it is reviewing the North’s offer.There are doubts in South Korea over how sincere the North is about its push to reduce tension. North Korea has been conducting a slew of missile and other weapons tests in recent weeks, including two Scud-type short-range ballistic missile launches on Wednesday, according to South Korean officials.Pyongyang’s state media said Thursday leader Kim Jong Un inspected tactical rocket firing drills in a… Read full this story
- Does Anyone Really Trust Trump to Handle the North Korea Nuclear Crisis? [UPDATED]
- The Power of Timekeeping Showcased At The Asian Games 2018
- Trump Adds North Korea to His Infamous Travel Ban: Power Move or More Child’s Play From the Idiot in Chief?
- North Korea ordered to pay parents, estate of student $500M
- Buying Marijuana in North Korea Sure Sounds Easy
- Trump Shows the Strategic Genius Sure to Serve Him Well in the North Korea Talks
- Trump Hints at ‘Major’ Announcement on North Korea, Trade Following Asia Trip
- Kim Jong-Un Privately Doubting He's Crazy Enough To Run North Korea
- Kim Jong-Un's Wife Escapes North Korea In Long-Range Missile
- A Look at the 3 Americans Detained in North Korea
North Korea proposes to send athletes, cheerleaders to South Korea’s Asian Games have 335 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 10, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.