SEOUL, South Korea (AP) North Korea said Monday it will send a cheering squad to the coming Asian Games in rival South Korea that its athletes plan to attend.A North Korean statement said the dispatch of its cheering squad to the games, set for Sept. 19 to Oct. 4 in the South Korean city of Incheon, is aimed at promoting reconciliation between the rivals. The statement released via state media repeated the country’s demands the two Koreas halt mutual slandering and Seoul scrap military drills with Washington that it calls an invasion rehearsal. South Korean and U.S. officials have said their drills are defensive in nature.North Korea has previously proposed similar demands that it said would reduce tension but South Korea has rejected them, saying the country must first take steps toward nuclear disarmament.South Korea’s Unification Ministry said North Korea must not repeat ”unreasonable” demands. Spokesman Kim Eui-do told reporters the South Korean government supports the successful hosting of the Asian Games and will discuss the North’s plans to send athletes and the cheering team with organizers of the games.North Korea boycotted the 1986 Asian Games and the 1988 Summer Olympics, both in Seoul, but attended the 2002 Asian Games… Read full this story
- North Korea Sends Delegation to China to Observe ‘Socialist Economic System’
- Will North Korea's Synchronized Cheerleaders Soften the Country's Image?
- Kim Jong Un received a USB from South Korea's president with a blueprint for connecting North Korea with the world
- U.S. has daunting to-do list to get ready for North Korea summit
- Pentagon Official: U.S. to Keep Pressure on North Korea as Trump-Kim Meeting on Edge
- North Korea's Olympic Diplomacy Hasn't Stopped Its Hacking
- Trump delivered Japan a huge win on one part of the US's upcoming talks with North Korea
- North Korea reportedly threatens to pull out of U.S. summit over military exercises
- A new era of diplomatic relations with North Korea is on the horizon — here's what's happened so far
- Brazilian Lawmakers Visit North Korea to ‘Strengthen Commercial Relations’
North Korea to send cheering squad to Asian Games have 346 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 7, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.