The United States women’s national team begins the knockout stage of the Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Canada on Saturday with a quarterfinal bout against North Korea in Toronto. Team USA are the defending champions, and are trying to make it three titles in four editions — and now they face yet another tournament favorite.A young USA team has not had an easy go of it thus far. In a difficult group stage — which, granted, wasn’t made any easier by a brutal draw — they started off poorly with a 2-0 loss to Germany. That was followed by a late 1-0 win over Brazil. Finally, needing a victory to control their own fate for progress into the next round, the unchained Americans finally put together a coherent performance and soundly beat China 3-0.Still, they didn’t win their group, as the Germans came back from a halftime deficit to beat Brazil 5-1 in their own group stage finale. That meant they took Group B, relegating the Americans to second place and a date with the winners of Group A. Unfortunately, that’s North Korea, rather than runners-up Canada, who only just snuck ahead of Ghana by beating the practically-qualified North Koreans… Read full this story
- England fans in turmoil as World Cup quarter-final against Sweden lands on one of busiest wedding weekends of the year
- Fortunate Forsberg helps Sweden past Swiss into World Cup quarters
- Brits in for bumper Saturday as England make World Cup quarter-finals for first time in 12 years – so where will YOU watch it?
- World Cup 2018: Sweden Book Place In World Cup Quarter-Finals After Edging Past Switzerland
- What lies ahead in the World Cup quarter-finals
- Sweden book place in FIFA World Cup quarters after edging past Switzerland
- Nation to stand still as 30million expected to tune into England’s World Cup quarter-final against Sweden
- France to face South Korea in Women's World Cup kickoff; England drawn with Scotland
- World Cup Quarters: Brazil take on Belgium, as Kylian Mbappe leads France against Uruguay
- Wimbledon 2018: England fan Kyle Edmund locks horns with Swedish coach ahead of World Cup quarter-final
Improving USA face North Korea in U-20 Women’s World Cup quarters have 357 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 15, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.