North Korea eliminated the United States women’s national team from the U-20 Women’s World Cup on Saturday night, 3-1 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the quarterfinal game in Toronto. Rim Se Ok scored the winning kick in the tiebreaker after the USA had their first three penalty kicks saved by Kim Chol Ok.North Korea will now face the winner of the Nigeria-New Zealand game to be played on Sunday in the semifinals. The United States will head home early after what was a very poor showing.The Americans did not deserve to advance, having been out-played and out-thought throughout the entire match. In truth, they scraped into this game after some poor early play on the final day of group play, but rarely looked a cohesive and potent unit.In the end, it was surprise that the Americans leapt out to an early lead in this match — and made it look quite easy in doing so. Only six minutes in, young Mallory Pugh beat Choe Sol Gyong wide right, and then got a bit of a lucky bounce that carried the ball almost to the endline. Pugh turned smartly to center the ball and Makenzy Doniak was there to… Read full this story
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: Flying Eagles draw USA, Ukraine, Qatar
- Stunner leads U.S. to U-20 World Cup berth
- World Cup 2018: ‘Gutted’ Harry Kane says England gave it their all as millions of Three Lions fans suffer World Cup heartbreak once more
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un tells scientists to build better nuclear weapons
- North Korea says choice of 'Christmas gift' is up to US amid missile tensions
- North Korea's planned rocket launch angers US, South Korea and Japan
- Trump Just Admitted That North Korea Isn’t Actually Denuclearizing
- North Korea: Radioactive gases 'consistent with' nuclear test detected
- Where is Guam and why is North Korea threatening it?
- Eddie Jones vows to build a new team for 2023 Rugby World Cup as RFU move to extend head coach's contract
USA’s U-20 World Cup run ends with quarterfinal loss to North Korea in PK’s have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 16, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.