AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content. The center of a connected smart home could soon be the Apple TV, as Apple’s latest beta software officially brings HomeKit support to its $99 streaming set-top box. As first discovered by AppleInsider , Apple’s own notes for Apple TV Software beta 2 released on Tuesday note that the pre-release build “includes support for Family Sharing and can be used for testing AirPlay and HomeKit with your iOS apps.” Apple had acknowledged as much in one prerelease version of the Apple TV operating system, but appeared to remove the functionality when released last month. In other previous beta releases, HomeKit support was included, but Apple did not acknowledge that support was baked in to the Apple TV operating system. With HomeKit’s public return to the Apple TV, one iOS developer on the internal Apple development forums has detailed how the system works. Logging into iCloud on an Apple TV will register the set-top box as a potential remote access peer for the HomeKit application programming interface. Once the user accepts using… Read full this story
- Rumor Patrol: New iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs [Updated]
- Everything Apple Announced at WWDC That Actually Matters
- It’s Time For Apple To Flip The Switch On TV
- Ticketing Today: 'FJI' surveys the latest developments at leading movie ticketing companies
- GDC Technology unveils latest digital cinema solutions
- Apple Wins Piece Of HTC Patent Action, Judge OK’s Facebook Class Action
- 10 ways to enable great luxury travel experiences
- Epix Launches Streaming Service 'Epix Now'
- New products on display at CineEurope 2017
- Moving pictures: An in-depth look at enhanced '4D' experiences
Latest Apple TV update enables remote access relay for HomeKit connected accessories have 286 words, post on appleinsider.com at October 7, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.