Patrick Rothfuss is the author of the Kingkiller Chronicle trilogy, with the first two books—The Name Of The Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear—having landed on The New York Times bestseller list, and the third eagerly awaited. He recently published The Slow Regard Of Silent Things, a story about a Kingkiller Chronicle side character, Auri. Rothfuss also runs Worldbuilders, a charity that raises funds for Heifer International by selling and auctioning off books, games, and fun miscellaneous stuff having to do with The Kingkiller Chronicle and other sci-fi and fantasy books. He joined us to talk about his relationship with his fans, writing Auri, and his charity work. The A.V. Club: Is there something special about the community of fantasy and sci-fi authors and readers? Advertisement Patrick Rothfuss: Well, I’m not the most objective person to ask, you realize—but yeah. I think there is. First off, I think authors tend to be more empathetic than a lot of people. It’s almost a job requirement. You can’t write good characters if you can’t imagine what it’s like being in another person’s skin. And if you can imagine that, you naturally want other people’s lives to be better. You want to make… Read full this story
- Fortnite loot llama update now live, new limited-time Blitz mode due next week
- Former Sony Online Boss Reveals New Open World RPG
- R.A. Salvatore reflects on 30 years of writing Drizzt and an ever-changing fandom
- 15 tabletop gaming podcasts you should be listening to
- Wizards of the Coast Announces D&D Live 2019: The Descent
- Watch Acquisitions Inc. from PAX 2015, one of the most-watched D&D games of all time
- Premature Evaluation: Flotsam
- Torment: Tides of Numenera's sales have been "disappointing" - but why?
- Full San Andreas soundtrack details
- Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass rewards, cost, skins and emotes explained
Patrick Rothfuss on his charitable fans, priorities, and kissing a llama have 308 words, post on www.avclub.com at November 26, 2014. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.