Former Battlefield developer and current Eurogamer columnist David Goldfarb has announced plans for a new, untitled role-playing game. Goldfarb is working on the game as creative chief of new Stockholm-based indie team The Outsiders, and is aiming for a release, at least initially, on PC. Fellow ex-DICE employee Ben Cousins has also joined the project and will act as The Outsiders’ new CEO. It’s the first major project for Goldfarb since his stint at Payday 2 developer Overkill Software. “I’ve been working on this concept for a long time,” Goldfarb told Eurogamer in an interview conducted yesterday. “It felt like I had gotten to a place where I felt good about it, but then I realised that I couldn’t do it alone. So I thought, maybe I should go find somebody, and that’s when I thought of Ben. “He’s actually the reason I originally joined DICE, who told me back in the day, ‘Y’know, why don’t you come out here?’ But he has a ton of experience starting things, doing them in a new way.” Like Goldfarb, Cousins left DICE to work on smaller game projects. Cousins now describes himself as a games industry consultant – one that specialises in… Read full this story
- David Spade chats Tiger King dream casting for movie version and reveals if he'd play Joe Exotic
- Charli XCX goes topless as she poses in her underwear for racy new snaps with boyfriend Huck Kwong after confirming surprise new album
- Two Horizon Zero Dawn Devs Join Mafia 3 Studio For New Open World Project
- Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas attends Invictus Games
- Hollywood Is All But Writing Off 2020. What Does That Mean for the Future of Movies?
- FMIA: From His Hollywood Haven, Julian Edelman Reflects on LIII MVP, His Path and Being a Perfect Patriot
- Let’s win this war that imperils our way of life
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak promises £2.5BILLION for local roads as he pledges to fill 50m potholes in Budget drive to 'level up' the UK
- Hands-on preview: Minecraft Dungeons is an unexpected treasure
- The Hill's Morning Report - Can Sanders be stopped?
Ex-Battlefield, Payday dev David Goldfarb announces new RPG project have 346 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at February 18, 2015. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.