NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Over the past year, Tim Shaw has bungee-jumped off a bridge in New Zealand, visited Australia and helped drill a well in the Amazon. The former NFL linebacker also has talked with congressmen in Washington D.C. and Tennessee lawmakers.”People ask me all the time, `What’s on your bucket list? Are these bucket list items?”’ Shaw said. ”I don’t have a bucket list. I just go. I just live. I just do, and that’s how I want to go from here on out.”Now Shaw, diagnosed with ALS in April 2014, is helping revive the Ice Bucket Challenge with the ALS Association hoping to turn August into an annual fundraiser similar to October represents breast cancer awareness month.Former Boston College baseball player Pete Frates and Pat Quinn started the challenge last August to raise awareness about Lou Gehrig’s disease and wound up raising $115 million. Diagnosed with the terminal neurodegenerative disease in 2012, Frates now is paralyzed, eats through a feeding tube and cannot talk.Frates was on the field Friday afternoon at Fenway Park for the official kickoff as the Boston Red Sox dumped ice water over their heads to help launch this challenge again.About five hours before their… Read full this story
- Ice Bucket Challenge founder gets his voice back after ALS
- 'Star Wars' cast gets soaked for Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'If my purpose is to help end ALS, then I'm ready!'
- The Bottle Cap Challenge that's kicking its way to viral fame
- The Bottle Cap Challenge kicking its way to viral fame
- The Bottle Cap Challenge that's spin kicking its way viral fame
- The new women warriors: Reviving the fight for equal rights
- Knoxville bucket list: 23 things you have to do in Scruffy City
- Tragedy of a village built on ice
- US envoy pledges to help Sudan taken off terrorism blacklist
Former linebacker with ALS helps revive Ice Bucket Challenge have 303 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 31, 2015. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.