Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong is due to pay anofficial visit to the US on July 6-10 at the invitation of the USgovernment. On the eve of the visit, a Washington-based Radio Voice ofVietnam (VOV) reporter recently sat down with some US leading experts totalk about the significance of the high-profile visit. The US trip by Party Chief Nguyen Phu Trong is capturing specialAmerican public attention as this is the first time for a GeneralSecretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) to pay an officialvisit and hold talks with the US President at the White House. With 30 years of Vietnam-US relations research experience, ErnestBower-a senior adviser and Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies andco-director of the Pacific Partners Initiative at the Center forStrategic and International Studies (CSIS) described the visit as ahistoric event showing the deepened Vietnam-US relations. Ernest Bower-a senior adviser and Sumitro Chair for Southeast Asia Studies and co-director of the Pacific Partners Initiative at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) According to Bower, the agenda of the visit may cover issues relatedto the security agreement signed by the two defence ministries, thecommon vision for Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership but theaffirmation and mutual respect… Read full this story
- Can you take a selfie in a voting booth? When do polls close? And when will the first seats be declared? Your guide to polling day… and the nail-biting results night to follow
- And we’re off! Early-bird voters brave the cold and rain to cast their ballots as Britain heads to the polls in the most crucial election in a generation
- Brexit, the Beast from the East and plenty of bouncing Royal babies: As the decade draws to a close, MailOnline looks back on ten years marked by political turmoil, extreme weather and the Queen's acting debut at the Olympics
- How Royal drama, foreign diplomacy rows and Extinction Rebellion protests dominated the headlines in 2019 before Boris Johnson's election win finally revealed a light at the end of the Brexit tunnel
- One Belt, One Road: China heralds 'Digital Silk Road'; foresees internet-era power shift soon
- 'Many are blaming me. I can't imagine why?' Donald Trump claims HE is being blamed for Hong Kong violence as he touts footage of Chinese military build-up near city and says 'be calm and safe'
- 'A great, great woman': Trump praises the Queen as they celebrate the 'eternal friendship' between their nations as he and Melania join Her Majesty and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at State Banquet
- DAN HODGES: The Corbynites lost because they hate working Britain - and the feeling is reciprocated
- Top legislator urges Tây Ninh to utilise potential for growth
- The making of TIE Fighter: How being the bad guys changed Star Wars forever
Party leader’s US visit highlighted as historic event have 449 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 6, 2015. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.