Digital cinema has become the dominant theatrical display technology worldwide, displacing older film-based display. Most modern distributed media content is done in a digital format. This content is ingested into a server system in a digital theatre complex. This server system then distributes this content to integrated media blocks (IMBs) located in individual projectors. The integrated media block converts encrypted high-resolution content from the server into a format that the projector can display. Putting the IMB inside the projector prevents raw high-resolution content from ready access and copying. Additional security measures within the projector make this raw content even more secure.These integrated media blocks (IMBs) may have some onboard digital storage for the projected content, or they may use external storage for this content. With onboard, content streaming is done directly from the IMB internal storage. With the second option, the encrypted content is streamed to the IMB from the external storage using eSATA (Direct Attached Storage, or DAS) or via Ethernet (Network Attached Storage, or NAS). Control in both configurations is via an Ethernet line connected to the theatre network.Because of the size of the media files used in modern theatres, typically 90 to 300 GB in size, hard… Read full this story
- System Crashes and Your Laptop Hard Disk Drive
- Can Data Be Recovered From an Erased Hard Disk Drive?
- Full Hard Disk Drive Encryption Benchmarks and Performance
- Do You Recognize the Four Early Warning Signs of Hard Disk Drive Failure?
- Virtual Drives - Why Everyone Should Have Online Storage
- Choosing a Hard Disk Drive When Building Your Own PC
- How to Remove Autorun Virus From Your Flash Drives and Any Hard Disk Drives
- Do You Know Who is Eating Up Your Hard Disk Drive Space?
- Major Symptoms of a Failing Disk Drive
- Custom Designed Or Simply Created - Closet Storage Systems
Disk Drive Decisions: Digital cinema creates greater storage demands have 310 words, post on www.filmjournal.com at August 28, 2015. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.