After a brutal two-hour fumbling match between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos, the sports-ball goddesses granted us a brief reprieve of artistic genius (and a few seconds of failure). Chris Martin and his band Coldplay headlined the Super Bowl 50 halftime show and blessed us by bringing out both Beyoncé and Bruno Mars. Below, the best and worst moments from this year’s Super Bowl halftime Show. The Worsts: Fake Scratching on “Uptown Funk”: Combining Mark Ronson’s incredibly popular “Uptown Funk” with Beyoncé’s brand new single “Formation” was a smart move by concert producers; it kept the energy up and brought in a new song to go with the older ones. Chris Martin’s weird outfit: The entire aesthetic of this performance was like a very happy acid trip. Embellishments on the jeans AND extra stuff on the jacket? Okay. The final image: Even with all of the hippy dippy acid trip coloring of this show, the words ”Believe In Love” spelled out with colorful paper in the stands felt like overkill—and it was a little out of place. The Bests: The production: As far as Super Bowl halftime shows go, this one felt well-planned and well-executed. It was inoffensive, super energetic, and knew when to… Read full this story
- Every Super Bowl Halftime Show Since 1993, Ranked From Worst to Best
- The best and worst Super Bowl halftime shows of all time
- Five things to know for February 4: Super Bowl, Ralph Northam, Pope Francis
- Ranking all 52 Super Bowl games from best to worst
- The 53 greatest Super Bowl moments in NFL history
- Ranking the New England Patriots' Super Bowl teams: Which group was No. 1?
- Yes, Maroon 5’s Halftime Show Was Meh, but What’s Up With Adam Levine’s Tattoos?
- Can the Broken, Boring Oscars Ever Be Fixed?
- Janet Jackson Gets Some Overdue Shine
- Insider: Believe it. From 1-5 to the playoffs for Frank Reich, Andrew Luck and the Colts
The best and worst moments of the Super Bowl halftime show have 317 words, post on splinternews.com at February 8, 2016. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.