“It feels like someone came in and confiscated my brain,” Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Yolanda Foster wrote in 2015. For four years, Foster says that she’s suffered from severely debilitating pain and an intense brain fog that’s forced her to “just watch and see life go by without me participating in it.” The symptoms, she claims, are the result of an ongoing struggle with chronic Lyme disease. Foster is not the only celebrity to say they have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme. In the last few years Foster, as well as two of her children, Kathleen Hanna, Avril Lavigne, Daryl Hall, and most recently Playboy model Crystal Hefner, have all been treated for the symptoms of chronic Lyme disease. (Some of them say they’ve been diagnosed with chronic Lyme; others simply call it Lyme, but each use language and describe treatments associated with chronic Lyme). On social media, nearly all of them have assiduously documented a range of symptoms as well as series of unconventional treatments, from Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation to detox diets and cleanses to surgically inserted ports that constantly pump antibiotics into their blood stream. Both symptoms and treatments chronicled by celebrity chronic Lyme sufferers are,… Read full this story
- Jonathan Cheban changing his name to Foodgod and even Kim Kardashian has to call him that
- Piers Morgan 'refuses to be bullied' into changing his opinion on 'screaming vegans'
- Kim Kardashian refused to date Kanye West for years before huge gesture changed her mind
- Lea Michele gives adorable glimpse at baby son as she celebrates 34th birthday
- I Ate the Shawn Mendes Bowl the Way Shawn Intended
- More pills and surgery are not the answer for chronic pain, says leading specialist DR ADBUL-GHAALIQ LALKHEN
- 'Fed up' public are finding ways to flout rules, warns police chief as officers are accused of chasing 'easy target' individuals rather than dispersing crowds
- Chrissy Teigen, Andy Cohen and Bette Midler lead celebrities rejoicing over President Donald Trump's PERMANENT suspension from Twitter
- The total cost of Jack Vidgen's cosmetic transformation 'revealed': How the I'm a Celebrity star spared no expense changing his appearance after he grew up hating his thin lips
- These teams faced pressure to change their Native American names. Here's what's happened since
How Celebrities Are Changing the Way We See Chronic Lyme have 367 words, post on jezebel.com at March 28, 2016. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.