Microsoft is bringing a number of new features and improvements to Windows 10 with the arrival of the Anniversary update this summer. Not only will we see extension support for Edge, but the browser will also automatically pause non-essential Flash content. Microsoft recently released Windows 10 insider preview build 14316, which introduced three extensions to its browser. Those using Edge in the preview program will also find that Flash content “not central to the web page” is now paused. Chrome brought the same feature to all its users in September last year. While Flash-based videos and games, which are considered central to the page, won’t be paused, content such as animations and ads will automatically be paused until they are clicked on. The change will give users “more control over the power and resources consumed by Flash.” “With the Anniversary Update to Windows 10, Microsoft Edge will intelligently auto-pause content that is not central to the web page. Peripheral content like animations or advertisements built with Flash will be displayed in a paused state unless the user explicitly clicks to play that content. This significantly reduces power consumption and improves performance while preserving the full fidelity of the page. Flash… Read full this story
- Windows 10 April Update: These Are The New Features You Should Care About
- Windows 10 spring update delayed
- Download the Windows 10 April Update ISO files
- Microsoft to release major Windows 10 update April 30
- Why Your PC Hasn’t Received Windows 10’s Anniversary Update Yet and How to Get It
- What’s New in Windows 10’s Creators Update
- How to Pause and Defer Updates on Windows 10
- One Year Later: Did Microsoft Listen to Windows 10 Complaints?
- Microsoft's Windows 10 April 2018 Update: What's New
- 10 Features Only Available in Windows 10 Enterprise (and Education)
Windows 10 Anniversary update will see Edge automatically pause non-essential Flash content have 281 words, post on www.techspot.com at April 8, 2016. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.