Top seed Novak Djokovic launched his bid for a first French Open title with a routine victory while Serena Williams began the defence of her crown, but Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber crashed out on Tuesday. PARIS: Top seed Novak Djokovic launched his bid for a first French Open title with a routine victory while Serena Williams began the defence of her crown, but Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber crashed out on Tuesday (May 24). Djokovic, a three-time Roland Garros finalist, faced little resistance from Taiwan’s world number 95 Lu Yen-Hsun as he cruised to a 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 victory. The Serb, bidding to become just the eighth man to secure a career Grand Slam, needed only 90 minutes on Court Phillipe Chatrier to book a second-round encounter with Belgian qualifier Steve Darcis. “Well, second and third set were really good. I thought I found my rhythm. First set was up and down. But I’ll take the positives out of it, and I’m hoping I can progress as the tournament goes on,” said Djokovic. Serena Williams needed just 42 minutes to dispatch Slovakia’s Magdalena Rybarikova 6-2, 6-0 as the American aims for another title that would see her equal Steffi… Read full this story
- Serena tops Victoria Azarenka 7-5, 6-3 at Indian Wells
- Australian Open glance: Djokovic, Serena play 1st matches
- Serena Williams Tops Victoria Azarenka in Straight Sets at Indian Wells
- Miami Open order of play: Friday schedule with Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams
- Can Serena Williams bounce back to seal her place in history?
- It’s No. 1 vs. the One and Only as Halep Gets Set to Play Serena Williams
- Will Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal Be Ready for the Clay-Court Season?
- Novak Djokovic upset by 'Professor' Hyeon Chung at Australian Open
- Djokovic, Osaka earn victories at Indian Wells
- Roger Federer beats Serena Williams in battle of the tennis legends
Djokovic, Serena cruise as Kerber, Azarenka exit have 305 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 25, 2016. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.