The neighbors face up to 20 years in jail if faulty construction work was the cause of the incident. Police in Hanoi have decided to launch a criminal investigation into a house collapse that killed two people and left four others injured last week. A three-storey building in the city’s Old Quarter gave way early last Thursday after work on the adjacent property is believed to have made the ground unstable. The initial investigation has found that the collapse was caused by faulty construction work on the adjoining house. According to police, torrential rain from Typhoon Mirinae that hit Hanoi just a few days before may have also contributed to the tragedy. Neighbors also said the collapsed house had signs of structural flaws, probably caused by the stress of time. The owner of the adjoining house to the one that crumbled is Nguyen Thi Van, 82. Her son Truong Quoc Hung, 43, said the house was built 36 years ago and has been derelict for many years. Van and her son had hired contractors to knock down the old house and build a new one having received approval from local authorities. Ba Dinh District’s housing officials said the approval was… Read full this story
- Four of family die after roof of house collapses due to rain in Punjab’s Amritsar town
- Mueller report: Criminal probe into Russia inquiry begins
- Six confirmed dead from collapsed China hotel used as quarantine site
- DOJ open criminal probe into potential contraband flow at NYC jail where Epstein was held: report
- Teen, 19, gunned down in Coventry shooting as cops launch murder probe
- 4 dead in collapse of Chinese hotel used for virus control
- Hunter Biden is subject of criminal probes, says PI firm hinting at more incriminating details
- Criminal probe of Harvey Weinstein moves forward: police
- El Chapo Guzman's politician 'lover' faces criminal probe
- Calls grow for government probe into Labour's 'backroom deal' with Dubai's billionaire ruler Sheikh Mohammed amid claims Foreign Secretary Robin Cook shut down police investigation against him as a 'diplomatic favour'
Hanoi launches criminal probe into deadly house collapse have 342 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 7, 2016. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.