Vietnam beat Guatemala 4-2 on their Futsal World Cup debut in Columbia Sunday with a hat-trick by Minh Tri.
The Vietnamese goalkeeper, Ngo Dinh Thuan, dazzled in the first half, blocking three shots from Guatemala, a stronger opponent playing their fifth World Cup.
In the 19th minute Tri scored the first goal for Vietnam.
Four minutes into the second half Ruiz Wanderley leveled the scores for Guatemala.
But Vietnam went ahead once again in the 28th minute with Tri’s second. He completed his hat-trick two minutes later.
Ruiz Patrick scored a minute later to narrow the gap.
Guatemala pressed forward and Vietnam got a penalty in the 39th minute after a Guatemalan player handled the ball.
In their next group matches, Vietnam play another Latin American nation, Paraguay, on September 14 and Italy on September 17.
- USA beat England on World Cup buzz
- India look to try more combinations to prepare for the T20 World Cup
- What was Alan Sugar’s ‘racist’ tweet, what did he say about the Senegal World Cup team and has he apologised?
- Phil Simmons to step down as Afghanistan coach after World Cup
- England play South Africa in World Cup final: Owen Farrell and his teammates take to the field in bid to win their second title as Prince Harry cheers from the stands and millions watch at home
- Vietnamese team encouraged ahead of Thailand departure for World Cup qualifiers
- New Zealand Name 15-Man World Cup 2019 Squad
- World Cup 2019, Pakistan vs Bangladesh: When And Where To Watch Live Telecast, Live Streaming
- 2018 World Cup: Schedule, scores and updates for today's matches
- West Indies changes give Pollard World Cup hope