A CONTESTANT hoping to find love on Channel 4 dating show First Dates was asked by bosses to disclose the fact he was HIV positive to his ‘blind’ date – before even meeting him.Alex Causton-Ronaldson, 27, alleges that he was told that he was deemed a ‘risk’ to his dinner partner because he is living with HIV.Channel 4 have since acknowledged that they did ask him to do divulge his status.Revealing his behind-the-scenes treatment to Buzzfeed UK, Alex revealed that felt the show bosses pressured him into meeting the man he was set up with and admitting his status to him away from the cameras ahead of the TV show filming.Alex revealed: “I was shaking I was so angry and so upset,” he says. “I had a boyfriend pretty much the whole time I’d been [HIV] positive who’d been OK with my status and no one I’d dated had turned me down because of my status.”The hopeful was diagnosed with the disease in 2014 but has been on a medication that deems him ‘undetectable’ – meaning the disease is unlikely to be passed on during sex.But according to him, bosses did not at any point ask him his level of detectability… Read full this story
- Sex without fear – my experiment with the HIV-prevention drug PrEP
- Living with HIV: 'The first question I always get asked is: are you going to die?'
- ‘TN has always been at the forefront of HIV epidemic’
- Queer Eye star Jonathan Van Ness reveals he was forced to 'turn down a night out with Taylor Swift' amid HIV diagnosis... as he becomes first male Cosmo cover star in three decades
- 'I thought getting HIV from ex was death sentence - but it was a new lease of life'
- Revealed: Never-seen-before extracts from 'outrageous' research of disgraced Chinese scientist He Jiankui who controversially gene-edited embryos to be resistant to HIV
- Theresa May's tears, Mugabe's funeral and Tiger's triumph: News agency Reuters reveals its favourite pictures from a turbulent 2019
- Nadia Essex, 37, proudly cradles her growing bump at London Fashion Week bash... hours after revealing she's pregnant with 'miracle' baby
- Adhyayan Suman objects to Kangana's name being used in his latest dating reports with Maera Mishra!
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi will reveal her latest play in break-neck impeachment strategy as Donald Trump tells Democrats to 'do it now' so he can call Pelosi, Adam Schiff, and the Bidens at Senate trial
HIV-Positive First Dates contestant told to ‘reveal his status to date before show’ after being deemed a ‘risk to his date’ have 400 words, post on www.thesun.ie at December 17, 2016. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.