Before The Hunger Games set box office records in March 2012, that month wasn’t normally considered one to launch a franchise. Lately, February has been a go-to month to launch some unconventional blockbusters, following the success of Warner Bros.’ The LEGO Movie ($69 million opening, $469.1 million worldwide). Fifty Shades of Grey ($85.1 million opening weekend, $571 million worldwide), Kingsman: The Secret Service ($36.2 million opening weekend, $414.3 million worldwide) and the R-rated Deadpool ($132.4 million debut, $783.1 million worldwide). This year, three highly-anticipated movies square off, with The LEGO Movie spin-off The LEGO Batman movie facing a pair of R-rated sequels, Universal’s sexually-charged erotic drama Fifty Shades Darker and Lionsgate’s action-packed John Wick: Chapter 2. As expected, all three newcomers fared quite well, but The LEGO Batman Movie came out on top with $55.6 million. Box Office Mojo reports that The LEGO Batman Movie debuted in 4,088 theaters, with this animated spin-off earning an impressive $13,609. Fifty Shades Darker opened in second place with $46.7 million, opening in 3,710 theaters for an impressive $12,614 per-screen average. John Wick 2 debuted in third place with $30 million, opening in 3,113 theaters for a $9,642 per-screen average. While Fifty Shades of… Read full this story
- Zootopia Beats 10 Cloverfield Lane at Box Office with $50M
- Chevrolet Unveils Life-Sized Lego Batmobile from Lego Batman Movie
- A Quiet Place 2 Promises to Be One Loud Box Office Monster
- Finding Dory Breaks Box Office Records with $136.1 Million Weekend
- Black Panther Stomps Tomb Raider in 5th Weekend Box Office Win
- John Wick 2 Title, Location and Release Date Announced
- Trump's treasury secretary accused of ethics violation after Lego Batman 'plug'
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- Disney Dominates Weekend Box Office with Jungle Book & Captain America: Civil War
- IT Returns to Top the Box Office with $17.3M
LEGO Batman Movie Beats Fifty Shades, John Wick at the Box Office have 303 words, post on movieweb.com at February 12, 2017. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.