The Knicks' pursuit of Raptors president Masai Ujiri never got off the ground . Former Cavaliers general manager David Griffin is staying clear . It appears Phil Jackson's long-term successor will be both his predecessor and temporary replacement. Steve Mills, a longtime on and off Knicks employee, ran their front office for a few months before they hired Jackson. Demoted during Jackson's tenure, Mills is again in charge. And – as he hoped – he might stay in charge. Marc Berman of the New York Post : According to sources debriefed on their front-office search, owner James Dolan is moving forward with a plan that has Steve Mills remaining as the permanent president. No negotiations have taken place yet between the Knicks and Mills. However, subsequent interviews will be done to find a No. 2 man under Mills, who will be part of the process from here on. Just as Jackson did, Mills is expected to have final say on personnel matters. Mills' No. 2 might be Allan Houston . The Knicks, who badly need established outside perspective – and pay wages that could often draw it – are so incestuous. Mills seized control of the job while on interim… Read full this story
- Andrew Yang: Knicks may have gotten it all wrong again
- AP source: Knicks close to deal to make Tom Thibodeau coach
- Report: ESPN talked to Sean McVay about Monday Night Football job
- Cricket Australia planning to move Boxing Day Test against India to Adelaide amid COVID-19 fears
- Coronavirus: How is women's sport faring and what does future hold?
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani says DC policymakers need to do more to support ventures and 'solo-preneurs'; Federal unemployment benefits expire as coronavirus deal-making deadlocks
- Mills wants activism to be remembered more than gold medal
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Rep. Rodney Davis says most important thing White House can do on COVID-19 is give consistent messaging; US new cases surpass 50k for first time
- Kim Kardashian hits back at claims she's 'torn' about divorcing Kanye West... amid reports the couple have been 'living apart for A YEAR'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the Air Line Pilots Association - Virus bill unlikely to pass this week
Report: Knicks moving toward keeping Steve Mills as president - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports have 360 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at July 11, 2017. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.