THE global collagen market could be worth £7BILLION a year by 2023, as women – and increasingly men – battle to banish visible signs of ageing.Production of collagen, a natural protein in the body, drops as we age, leaving skin duller.And getting more can help our health as well as our looks.But with so many ways – from supplements to drinks – which is the best?Here, work pals Naomi Snelling, 42, and Claire Dison, 40, pit a collagen-boosting diet against beauty products.For two weeks, mum of two Naomi tried the collagen diet, while Claire used various lotions for suppler skin and both gave their verdicts to JULIA ETHERINGTON. NAOMI, mum to daughters Arielle, eight, and Amelie, six, followed an eating plan designed to maximise her body’s collagen levels.She says: “I have very fair skin and growing up we holidayed in the UK so used sun lotion pretty haphazardly.”I still get caught out wearing SPF15 at the beach and get burnt, which I know can contribute to ageing.”I’ve become more conscious of wrinkles since going through a divorce last year. It really affected my self-esteem, so I decided to focus on looking after myself.”I started to notice wrinkles after hitting 40… Read full this story
- 6 beauty products every girl needs in her bag
- Whole Foods in Philly giving away beauty products
- 11 Bright Beauty Products For $50 Or Less That'll Brighten Your Makeup Game
- 'Clean' beauty products not always safe, dermatologists say
- NDOT: Displacement of up to 2,000 residents ‘biggest impact’ of Spaghetti Bowl Project
- Barrington woman pleads guilty in beauty products fraud case
- What collagen-boosting ingredients are found in skin care?
- Local pot-infused beauty products that you can try
- Bag £117 worth of Karl Lagerfeld beauty products for just £5
- Panasonic wants to help Tesla boost battery pack production
Two pals pit a collagen-boosting diet against beauty products to see which has the biggest impact on their skin have 303 words, post on www.thesun.ie at August 21, 2017. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.