With digital systems in vehicles needing a higher amount of software and data, storage solutions provider Western Digital is bullish on demand for discrete flash memory. As modern cars, already buzzing with close to 100 million lines of codes, increasingly turn technology centres on wheels, there is an intensive inclusion of electronics on board being controlled by a few tens of computing systems. While automakers worldwide invest considerable effort in introducing an expansive range of safety and autonomous systems to a vehicle’s ecosystem, which are set to shoot the quantum of code to up to 300 million lines in the coming future, the challenge lies in the concise packaging of all this intangible data to allow for a minimal physical intrusion of electronics in an otherwise mechanically oriented environment. Technology companies, working in the space of digital data storage and management, are expected to offer innovative solutions to cater to the automotive industry’s future – and humongous – digital requirements. The company, which acquired another global digital storage major, SanDisk in May, 2016, has gone on to become the largest storage solutions provider in the world, leveraging the merged competencies of the two brands. The acquisition has brought… Read full this story
- Vision and neural nets drive demand for more powerful chips
- Advanced software-defined networking applications showcased
- Big data: all you need to know
- SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 adds in-memory capabilities, iPad and Android support
- Is the sky the limit for Flash and In-Memory Databases?
- Fast Data hits the Big Data fast lane
- Apache Spark: How Hortonworks aims to fire up the in-memory engine
- Healthcare turns to big data analytics for improved patient outcomes
- How open source Apache's 'survival of the fittest' ethos breeds better software
- Oracle's in-memory option aims to beat the rest within 12 months
Rich multimedia data, advanced software drive demand for 'memory' have 284 words, post on www.autocarpro.in at September 15, 2017. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.