Phil Spencer, head of Xbox, has promoted Minecraft boss Matt Booty to the role of corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. Booty has been the head of the Minecraft group, and will now replace Spencer in his previous role. Phil Spencer was promoted last year by Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella to vice president, and has since been juggling both roles. Matt Booty is now responsible for Xbox’s first-party development and games publishing. Spencer oversees the entire Xbox division, including games, hardware, and Booty will be reporting to him. Basically, Spencer will set the overall strategy for Xbox while Booty will be the one to execute in games publishing for Xbox as well as PC. Leads for other franchises will now report to him. “I wanted to make sure we had the right organisation in place to deliver on our content goals,” Spencer told GamesBeat. “With that, I made the decision that I wanted to anoint a leader of our Microsoft Studios organization, which if you’ve tracked it, I’ve had the leaders of our individual franchises reporting to me for the last three and a half years.” “I’ve worked as a peer with Bonnie [Ross, 343] and Shannon [Loftis, global publishing]… Read full this story
- Will third-party developers support Nintendo’s Switch?
- Minecraft Windows 10 launching mod Marketplace
- 'Halo Infinite' Boss Says New Engine Will Allow 343 "To Do More With Halo"
- Should kids be taught in schools using Minecraft?
- 343 Industries Reveals Why 'Halo Infinite' Is Taking Longer To Develop Than Normal
- The best Minecraft servers 1.14 - Survival servers, Hunger Games, and more
- Game Within A Game: Chambered In Minecraft
- 'Halo Infinite' Developer Has No Interest In A Battle Royale Mode
- Party Saboteurs Infiltrates Early Access
- Party Hard Tycoon replaces murder with management
Minecraft boss to oversee first-party development and publishing at Xbox have 299 words, post on www.vg247.com at January 18, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.