Dragon Quest Builders, Square Enix’s Minecraft-style construction RPG, is coming to Switch next year on February 9th.
The game originally launched on PS4, PS3, and Vita last year, and was very well received. Despite its obvious similarities to Minecraft, both in its blocky aesthetic and in its core crafting and construction loops, it’s an altogether more structured. focussed experience.
Dragon Quest Builders goes beyond mere open-ended survival, featuring a proper story-driven adventure. Here, you’re charged with restoring the world of Alefgard, completing tasks to rebuild towns and attract new citizens. These in turn will help fend off enemies, and offer quests that send you exploring ever-further afield. It was a strong enough twist on the classic Minecraft formula to earn a Recommended badge in Eurogamer’s review.
Dragon Quest Builders on Switch will apparently feature an exclusive “Great Sabrecub” which can “boost your speed and grant you special material by defeating enemies.”
A sequel, simply titled Dragon Quest Builders 2, was announced for Switch and PlayStation 4 earlier this year, and will add co-op play, a feature missing from the original game. However, there’s no word on a release date for that just yet.
- Square Enix Needs a Phoenix Down!
- How to Get Customers to Come Back - Year After Year
- Inspirational Thoughts of the Day
- What Inspiration Means to Me
- Gallery of Dragon Tattoo Designs - Beastly Tattoos
- How to Play Dungeons and Dragons
- Inspiring Tigers
- The Easiest Way to Start Your Self Improvement Quest!
- An Inspirational Journey
- Inspirational Words - Fuel & Fire to Achieve Your Desire