Microsoft’s games chief Phil Spencer has reorganized his studio structure, appointing Matt Booty as corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios, according to a report in GamesBeat. Booty will take over Spencer’s previous role of managing Microsoft’s network of games studios, including Turn 10 (Forza series), 343 Studios (Halo), Mojang (Minecraft), The Coalition (Gears of War) and Rare (Sea of Thieves). A former boss at Midway’s U.S operation, Moody’s previous role at Microsoft was running Mojang. Freed from the detail of studio management, Spencer will focus more on big picture strategy. Late last year, he was promoted to executive vice president, with complete oversight over the company’s gaming operations. “It’s become very clear to me that we’re going to invest more in content,” said Spencer, in an interview with GamesBeat. “A unified studios leadership organization is critical to our long-term success.” Spencer and Booty will be working on pet Microsoft projects, such as Xbox and Windows integration, as well as more urgent projects, like beefing up the company’s Xbox One exclusive games roster. This year’s confirmed exclusives include Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2. Reports emerges earlier today that the company is also working on a reboot… Read full this story
- Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Talks Future Of Gaming, Including Streaming, Monetization, Consoles, And More
- Xbox Series X won't be the last Xbox, if Phil Spencer has his way
- Xbox boss Phil Spencer sees physical consoles living on for "the next decade-plus"
- Microsoft's Xbox chief: Project Scarlett likely isn't the last console
- Phil Spencer teases Gears 5 "enhancements", likely for Xbox Series X
- Project Scorpio: Xbox chief on Microsoft's plans for console domination
- Phil Spencer confirms Xbox Series X graphics specs are "more than eight times" stronger than Xbox One
- Xbox Series X VR would be pointless right now, claims Phil Spencer
- "The cloud is really a means to an end": Phil Spencer talks more on the future of Xbox with Insomniac's Ted Price
- Xbox Series X: 10 things we learned from the latest Phil Spencer reveal post
Xbox chief Phil Spencer promotes Minecraft manager to run studio network have 351 words, post on www.polygon.com at January 17, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.