The roguelike renaissance may be in our rearview mirrors, but Black Future ’88 is embracing it once again with open arms, a cyberpunk aesthetic, and a synth-driven soundtrack.
During GDC in San Francisco, GameSpot hosted The MIX Indie Stream, showcasing some of the more exciting games to arrive at the show. In the video above, you can watch as Don Bellenger and Zac Bolubasz show Mike their roguelike action-platformer Black Future 88. They also discuss the game’s main influences, and talk a lot about The Running Man.
For more news and previews coming out of GDC, stay tuned to GameSpot throughout the week.
- Cyberpunk murder-tower Black Future '88 is out now
- Michigan School Counselors Meet to Discuss Future of Work
- Calling Foul: Virginia Referee Barred From Future Games After Complaining About 10-Year-Old Girl’s Hair
- Meghan Markle opens up about first meeting with Kate Middleton
- Oscar Futures: Will Voters Recognize Tom Hanks As Mr. Rogers?
- Ahead of Sonia Gandhi-Pawar meet, Uddhav defers Nov 24 Ayodhya visit
- Black Friday 2019 Adobe Creative Cloud deal: up to 40% off now through Nov. 29
- I Dream of Jeannie star Barbara Eden, 88, looks glamorous as ever at The Paley Honors: A Special Tribute to Television's Comedy Legends
- Jerry Hall, 62, looks stunning as she cosies up to husband Rupert Murdoch, 88, at The Quiet One screening in NYC