by Press Association March 23 2018, 4.29pm Updated: March 23 2018, 5.38pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter Want to read more?Subscribe today from £1 a week Sainsbury’s has announced the largest gender pay gap of all high street banks who have submitted their figures to the Government. With less than two weeks to go before the deadline for companies to publish their statistics, Sainsbury’s Bank revealed a median gender pay gap of 45.3%. The company said it is because more men hold senior positions, not because there is a wage disparity between genders who do the same job. It added that 79.3% of senior managers and directors at the bank are male. Steven Davis, HR director at Sainsbury’s Bank, said: “At Sainsbury’s Bank, all colleagues are paid according to their role. “Our gender pay gap figures are determined by our structure which is unique within our sector. “We directly employ all of our colleagues working in Travel Money bureaus in our stores. “These colleagues are paid an hourly rate and the majority of them are women, many of whom choose to work part time. “Additionally, most of our senior management roles are held by men. We have set… Read full this story
- Two-thirds of councils and 90% of NHS trusts have a gender pay gap
- A year on, the BBC has still not done enough to close the gender pay gap
- Flintshire high street revival plans ignore Buckley, councillor claims
- Gary Lineker is BBC's best-paid star again, but women close gap
- Gender equality should be at the heart of all policy
- Women’s workforce gains hide problem in pay
- Radio 4 Today editor Sarah Sands is first high profile name to leave BBC telling staff 'I was never going to be a lifer' as she resigns after corporation announces 450 news job cuts
- Candidates Biden, Buttigieg, Bloomberg and Klobuchar Say They Want to Rein In Wall Street. Do They Mean It?
- The BBC's bar stool firing squad: Execs who earn six-figure salaries sat on bar stools, wore T-shirts and one even chomped on an apple as they announced 450 job cuts
- Democrats to Gut Banking Regulations, for Bipartisanship’s Sake
Sainsbury’s announces largest gender pay gap of high street banks have 348 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at March 22, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.