Slay the Spire is brill, if you haven’t heard, and with each early access update it only gets briller. The most recent one spruced up the daily challenge mode, making it even harder for me to resist playing it every day until the third character comes out. Before the daily modifiers mainly just made your life miserable – introducing tougher enemies, lowering your health and so on – but they now tend to come with benefits as well as drawbacks. Alec has already sung the praises of the mode’s earlier form, and now I get to do the same with this better version. In the revamped challenge mode, there are 3 modifiers rather than 4. The mod-picking algorithm has also been prodded into rarely throwing up the same modifier two days in a row, and never more than two days running. Best of all though is this line from the patch notes: “many of the mods were altered or reworked to focus more on creating interesting situations instead of being straight difficulty raisers.” I liked how the old version made the game trickier in interesting ways, preferring it to the single, simple modifier you get as you slay your way… Read full this story
- Video Editing on Linux Just Got Better With PiTiVi
- Just got a new Amazon Echo for Christmas? These 10 accessories will make it even better
- 'Guess who just got home for Christmas': Joe Wicks celebrates his newborn son Marley finally leaving hospital with heartwarming video of baby boy with sister Indie, 16 months
- Yosemite's Half Dome Rock Just Got Harder to Climb
- BHS’s pension deficit has just got bigger. How will Sir Philip Green sort it?
- Trump told friends at Mar-a-Lago 'you all just got a lot richer' after tax bill passed: report
- USB-C Chargers Just Got Amazing: Meet GaNFast Charging
- Kate Middleton baby: Royal Navy make a splash with their tribute to royal baby while David Walliams jokes 'Prince Harry just got demoted again!'
- Fast food just got faster thanks to two Dunedin students
- The best remake of 2019 just got even better as Resident Evil 2 ditches controversial DRM
Slay the Spire’s daily challenge mode just got even better have 355 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 12, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.