World War I is a super interesting and intriguing period of history ripe for exploration in creative mediums. Unfortunately, only a few games like Valiant Hearts: The Great War and Battlefield 1 have been set during this time period to varying results. Today, Bandai Namco Entertainment announced 11-11: Memories Retold, a story-driven title set in World War I, which they are making with developer DigixArt and lauded animation studio Aardman.
For those of you who don’t know, DigixArt is a French developer who released Lost in Harmony on iOS back in 2016. Meanwhile Aardman is a British animation studio that is famous for their stop-motion animation, and are best know for their Wallace & Gromit shorts and films. Dave Sproxton, Founder of Aardman had the following to say about working on 11-11 Memories Retold:
“Engaging audiences with compelling stories through animation is at the heart of what we are trying to do at Aardman. With this project we want to produce an emotionally rich experience with distinctive visual character to help you understand what war is all about.”
As for the game in question, 11-11: Memories Retold is set to be a story driven adventure game that blends narration, a beautiful painting-inspired artstyle, and powerful music to tell an emotional World War I story. While exact details on the plot are currently scarce, DigixArt Game Director Yoan Fanise had the following to say about the game:
“11-11: Memories Retold is a very special game at many levels. From the painted style to the emotional journey we create for the player to revive their heritage, we are pushing the boundaries of what a game can be and hope it will leave a mark on you.”
You can check out the both the announcement trailer and the first developer diary for the game below alongside some art for the game. 11-11 Memories Retold is currently without a release date or window, but we do know it will be available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Review: Neato Robotics XV-11
- Bandai Namco's newest mobile fighting game 'Dragon Ball Legends' is available for pre-registration
- Bandai Namco’s ‘Code Vein’ is in the vein of ‘Dark Souls’
- Bandai Namco's Tekken Mobile release date revealed
- Faster in-flight Wi-Fi could herald end of seat-back entertainment
- Comments for : iPhone 8 could be announced next month at WWDC 2017, says analyst
- Comments for : Qualcomm will reportedly unveil the Snapdragon 820 technical specifications on Aug 11
- Comments for : Bandai Namco's Tekken Mobile release date gets revealed: it's soon
- Harman announces Atom-based in-vehicle entertainment processor
- TeamGroup Launches Certified-TUF Vulcan DDR4 Memory