Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal future may hinge on beating Atletico Madrid after his team received the worst possible draw for their Europa League semi-final. Striker Alexandre Lacazette had suggested immediately after Thursday’s 6-3 aggregate quarter-final win against CSKA Moscow that there was a feeling within Arsenal’s squad that winning the Europa League could keep Wenger as manager, and the players must now achieve that feat the hard way. Diego Simeone’s Atletico are Europa League favourites after twice reaching the Champions League final and also winning La Liga over recent seasons. There was a theory that Arsenal’s best chance would be to avoid them until the final, which is played over one leg, but they will instead host Atletico at The Emirates on April 26 before the second leg in Madrid a week later. Arsenal face Newcastle away on Sunday in the Premier League and, after only arriving back from Moscow at 5am on Friday morning, Wenger is also concerned by fatigue in his squad. After also reaching the League Cup final, Arsenal could play 61 games by the end of the season if they do reach the Europa League and there was particular concern on Thursday over Jack Wilshere who came… Read full this story
- Arsène Wenger On Unemployed Life: "I Can Sit For Hours Contemplating The Horizon"
- Why Stan Kroenke’s sole ownership of Arsenal is worrying news for fans
- Should Arsenal strip Granit Xhaka of the captaincy after x-rated outburst? - Big Debate
- Real Madrid beat Atlético to win Champions League – as it happened
- Premier League fans’ half-time verdict – part 1: Arsenal to Liverpool
- Arsenal Have One Last Shot To Save Their Topsy-Turvy Season
- Public vs. Publicized: Future of the Web at WWW2010
- We're doomed! Well, until next time...
- Liverpool rises to the challenge, but Tottenham falls short (again)
- Liverpool rise to the challenge but Spurs fall short (again). Plus: we need to fix Premier League's VAR use
Arsene Wenger's future in the balance as Arsenal are handed worst possible draw against Atletico Madrid have 318 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.