Subscribe to PCGamesN on YouTube
Update, April 30: CD Projekt has confirmed that they will be presenting an RPG for PC, PS4 and Xbox One at E3 2018 – which, unless they have another RPG they want to show us, surely can only be the long-awaited Cyberpunk 2077.
Here’s everything you need to know about the lore of Cyberpunk 2077!
This exhibitor listing for the Expo clearly shows that not only will CD Projekt RED be there, it also outs the game they’re showing as an RPG for PC and consoles. Barring a surprise reveal of The Witcher 4, or the re-classification of Gwent from ‘card game’ to RPG, it seems likely we will be getting the first public showing of Cyberpunk 2077 since the first trailer four long years ago.
Original story, January 15: Cyberpunk 2077, the upcoming sci-fi RPG from Witcher developers CD Projekt Red, is one of the most highly anticipated upcoming games on PC. Last week, their Twitter account showed its first signs of life since 2013. Now we’re hearing reports that we’ll be hearing and seeing much more of the game at E3 this year.
According to Polish gaming site GRYonline, Cyberpunk 2077 will be presented in trailer form as part of one of the big press conferences ahead of E3. In addition, they say a playable demo will be presented to journalists behind closed doors. The story comes to us via Eurogamer Poland.
GRYonline’s English associate site, Game Pressure, say the information comes from “from two independent sources; in both cases we cannot reveal their identity. Please keep in mind, though, that any news of this sort should be treated with caution.” They do add that “we strongly believe that our sources are right.”
E3 officially begins Tuesday, June 12, though the major press conferences typically happen ahead of the show itself. Historically, the conferences from Microsoft and Sony – the most likely spots for Cyberpunk to appear – occur on Sunday and Monday respectively.
It’s been over five years since the first teaser trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 was released, and nearly three since the release of the Witcher III. Definitely take this news with some caution, but it’s far past time for us to hear more about Cyberpunk – and last week’s Twitter tease certainly suggests CD Projekt Red is gearing up for something.
- Here’s what we learned about ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ from the 50-minute gameplay demo held behind closed doors at E3 2018
- There was a hidden message in the trailer for ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ — here’s what to expect from the game everyone’s going crazy over
- CD Projekt Red developers speak up on the realities of working on Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077
- Cyberpunk 2077 world much denser than The Witcher 3
- CD Projekt Red discusses Cyberpunk 2077
- Keanu Reeves wants to sing in Cyberpunk 2077
- Here are the latest rumors about this year’s iPhones — which some Apple insiders are reportedly calling an ‘S’ year
- The winners and losers of E3 2018, the biggest video game event of the year
- The winners and losers at E3
- New, faster Xbox coming out next year