The opening match of the tournament was a typically prickly affair. The Pakistanis came back from 2-0 down to hold India 2-2. India were 2-1 up with just seconds left when Pakistan twice went to the video referee who awarded penalty corners, the second of which was buried by 20-year-old Ali Mubashar. “We were not happy with the performance. We wanted to win this game. We are disappointed with the result,” said defender Rupinder Pal Singh, criticising India’s lack of discipline. Dilpreet Singh scored the opener, for India before penalty corner specialist Harmanpreet Singh put them 2-0 up with a trademark drag flick. But Muhammad Irfan gave Pakistan a lifeline early in the second half when he tapped in after a counter-attack. “To come back from 2-0 is a team effort,” said Pakistan midfielder Muhammed Rizwan. Hockey is popular in both India and Pakistan and the clash at the Commonwealth Games is an eagerly awaited fixture for fans from both countries.
- Inter Milan snatch Champions League spot from Lazio
- Dummett denies Man Utd, Lescott ends Aston Villa wait
- Keita goal sets up Barca triumph
- Brewster scores hat-trick to send England to Under-17 final
- Salah takes Egypt closer to World Cup return
- Amazing Manchester City seal Premier League
- Monaco hold PSG, stay top in French league
- Man City beat United to keep faint title hopes alive
- Besiktas stun Liverpool as holders Sevilla progress
- Arsenal progress despite Sporting stalemate, Chelsea ease through
Pakistan snatch last-minute equaliser from India in ugly Commonwealth clash have 232 words, post on en.rfi.fr at April 7, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.