Of all the things one could take away from Battlefield 5’s big reveal, a few decided to focus on DICE’s inclusion of women. A certain segment of Battlefield fans have taken to criticising DICE for showing women prominently in the trailer, and on the cover of the Battlefield 5 standard edition, crying ‘historical accuracy.’ Oskar Gabrielson, general manager at DICE, addressed these comments once and for all. “First, let me be clear about one thing. Player choice and female playable characters are here to stay,” Gabrielson said on Twitter. Gabrielson further explained that being able to play as a character you identity with is important to DICE, just as it is important for the developer to offer players customisation options. “We want Battlefield 5 to represent all those who were a part of the greatest drama in human history, and give players choice to choose and customize the characters they play with. “Our commitment as a studio is to do everything we can to create games that are inclusive and diverse. We always set out to push boundaries and deliver unexpected experiences. But above all, our games must be fun!” This final point is important, because historical accuracy was one… Read full this story
- 'I don’t want to complicate it': Donald Trump says he'll stay out of British politics – then cites two recent Republican LOSSES in Kentucky and Louisiana as proof he can win elections
- Manikarnika actor Mishti says her character has been reduced to caricature under Kangana Ranaut’s direction
- 13 Reasons Why actress DELETES social media after being bullied by viewers who say her character 'ruined the show' - as the 23-year-old's co-stars rush to defend her against trolls
- General election: Donald Trump backs Boris Johnson but says 'I'll stay out of election'
- Donald Trump says he will 'stay out' of Britain's election but praises 'very capable' Boris Johnson
- Slaven Bilic says he will stay strong as he faces the consequences
- Former Bond Girl Valerie London says it's 'mad' to consider 007 being played by a woman - and GMB viewers agree author Ian Fleming would be 'turning in his grave'
- Laila Marrakchi Develops Two Female-Driven Projects Including ‘Casa Girls’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Battlefield 5' Update 1.29 Adds Wake Island & Community Games - Patch Notes
Battlefield 5: DICE says female characters are here to stay have 378 words, post on www.vg247.com at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.