German business leaders have issued a strongly worded statement warning they are reluctant to invest in Britain because of Brexit uncertainty. The intervention from German Industry UK (GIUK), which represents firms including carmakers BMW and Mercedes-Benz as well as the Lufthansa airline, came as the UK’s largest carmaker, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), said a bad Brexit deal would put £80bn of investment and 40,000 jobs at risk. Amid mounting anxiety from some of the UK’s largest manufacturers, politicians from both sides of the House of Commons lined up to criticise the government’s attitude towards business concerns during Brexit negotiations. The Liberal Democrat leader, Vince Cable, accused the government of treating major employers with “complete contempt” by failing to listen to their concerns. Cable said he knew JLR boss Ralf Speth from his tenure as business secretary and that the German boss of the carmaker was “not bluffing” when he said on Wednesday that the firm’s place in the UK would be untenable in the event of a hard Brexit. The shadow business secretary, Rebecca Long-Bailey, warned that Tory infighting over the nature of the UK’s departure from the European Union was putting jobs and investment at risk. “They cannot continue… Read full this story
- Can this German Business Weekly Lie-Executive Coaching as a Corporate and Career Tool
- The 7 Most Common Property Investment Mistakes and How to Avoid Them!
- Business Solutions - The Business Owner and the Internet
- Small Business Loans - Best Loans For Start-Up Ventures
- Micro Business and Banking
- Construction in the UK
- Business Confidence Pushes Up HGV Registrations
- German Energy Giant E.ON's Threat to Competition in the UK Energy Market
- Unsecured Business Loans - Earn Finance Without a Clause of Collateral
- Embrace Change - Business & Personal Renewal Cycles C 2006
German businesses 'reluctant' to invest in UK over Brexit uncertainty have 289 words, post on www.theguardian.com at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.