A report in a Japanese business publication claims the partnership that gave us the Infiniti QX30 crossover — built on the same MFA platform as the Mercedes-Benz GLA — won’t yield a compact Infiniti luxury car, as was planned. This isn’t a case of bad blood between the two automakers, however. The United States just isn’t a ripe target for such a vehicle anymore, apparently, and the vastly uncertain trade situation doesn’t help. The report in Nikkan Kogyo, picked up by Automotive News, claims America’s thirst for light trucks and increasing disdain for passenger cars brought the project to a screeching halt. Trade was another strong consideration for executives, the report stated. The unnamed model was to be built at the joint Nissan-Daimler assembly plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico. You can see the problem here — a pricey vehicle in an increasingly difficult segment facing the prospect of being saddled with import duties. Hardly a product execs could confortable go through with. While Nissan wouldn’t comment on the supposedly kiboshed vehicle, Infiniti spokesman Trevor Hale told Automotive News, “The cooperation between the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance and Daimler is solid and we continue to reap the benefits of our successful cooperation, which includes a number of R&D and manufacturing… Read full this story
- Daimler to Slash US Jobs as VW Bucks Economic Downturn
- Daily Business Report-Oct. 2, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daimler teams up with Renault and Nissan
- Daimler-Chrysler's "Dr. Z" Becomes Icon Despite Massive Losses
- 200,000 Alabamians are driving with dangerous airbags: report
- Daimler Smart-ing from Minicar Losses
- China, Germany to hold annual consultations to deepen "strategic partnership"
- Tesla to expand electric car production
- Nissan, Toyota recall 6.5 million vehicles with Takata airbags
- Breakfast Series report: Taking a Pulse on Health Care
Report Points to Product Turmoil in the Nissan-Daimler Partnership have 285 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.