After 15 years out of the spotlight, the World of Darkness is finally back. The resurrected White Wolf, purchased and set loose by Paradox Interactive, has finally put the venerable world of urban fantasy and horror back on the tabletop with Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition. I’ve read it, played it, and I spoke with some of the people from White Wolf about the wild new gameplay changes, and how The World of Darkness is being updated with new secret histories to reflect on 15 years of world events. They have big plans for the future of the setting on tabletop, PC, and even beyond that. For tabletop and live action roleplayers, this is an event of a magnitude that’s hard to describe to people who’ve only experienced World of Darkness through videogames like Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines or Hunter: The Reckoning. Imagine if The Elder Scrolls abruptly ended after Morrowind in 2002, only to re-emerge all these years later—World of Darkness is that popular a set of game lines, that much of a common touchstone for people in the tabletop RPG world.What made the original Vampire: The Masquerade special was its decision to cater to an adult audience, its new… Read full this story
- Sprint Playbook shows big changes coming
- 'Final Fantasy XV' gameplay changes coming soon, story fixes will take longer
- Instagram implements big changes to users’ feeds, ditches chronological content
- Big changes coming to live streaming app Meerkat
- Wordpress 2.0 represents a big change for the Android app
- HTC One M9 specs rumor claims big changes (Bose sound?), and mentions the M9 Prime
- ‘D&D Beyond’ finally brings tabletop role-playing into the 21st century
- 35 Years Later, Earth Finally Returns ET's Phone Call
- Dennis Haysbert returns as big baddie General Lyons in 'Dead Rising: Endgame'
- Here are the big changes in Internet Explorer 11
Vampire: The Masquerade finally returns to the tabletop with big changes have 312 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at July 26, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.