Leaving the house early, staying late at work and unexplained condoms in the car …
Not to mention the old classic: lipstick on the collar.
They are all signs your partner is cheating, according to Tom Martin, a California-based private investigator.
Martin, president of Martin Investigative Services, has written a book detailing the 20 clues that most likely indicate infidelity.
But he warned people not to panic if they spot a few tell-tales.
In his book, “Seeing Life Through Private Eyes,” Martin said spotting one or two warning signs is not a problem.
But four or more is usually a reason to worry, he said.
“If you have three or four, you have a problem,” he told the Independent.
And he warned that the internet and smartphones — enabling easy connections — have hugely changed how people cheat.
“The game has changed drastically,” he said. “And technology is 100 percent the reason why.”
Here are the 20 signs people are cheating:
- Changing habits
- Leaving the house early and returning late
- Business trips
- Holiday or family event absences
- Excessive overtime
- Unexplained spending
- Secret accounts (Instagram, email)
- Hidden credit card bills
- Extra grooming
- Scent of someone else (typical lipstick on the collar)
- Buying gifts you haven’t seen
- Unexplained items — condoms in the car are a giveaway
- Joining a gym
- Missed calls from an unknown number
- Coded or secret text messages
- Less sex
- Evasiveness or defensiveness
- Obvious lies
- Prickliness or short temper
- Hate surprise visits (your unexpected arrival may come at an inopportune time for a cheater)
- Private Eye hits highest circulation in 55-year history 'which is quite something given that print is meant to be dead'
- This Website Exposes the Woman Your Partner Cheated on You With
- The Daily Grind: Are free-to-play MMO conversions saviors or signs of doom in your eyes?
- L.A. Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Hiring Private Eyes to Dig Up Dirt on NBA
- Arabs, Israelis Sign 'Screw Peace' Accord
- Bay Area woman hires private eye to track down her missing cat in Nebraska
- Private Eye's Office Ransacked For Fourth Time This Month
- Gaywads, Dorkwads Sign Historic Wad Accord
- Super-Serious Sci-Fi Eye Contact Is My Favorite Comics Panel This Week
- [Not Massive] Osu! Admits Past Use of Intrusive Anti-Cheat