The UN Security Council is poised to back a US proposal aimed at removing some of the hurdles that tough sanctions on North Korea have thrown up in the way of delivering humanitarian aid, according to documents obtained by AFP. Members of the United Nations Security Council vote on a North Korea resolution March 21, 2018 in New York City AFP/Drew Angerer North Korea’s humanitarian crisis has left about 10 million people – nearly half of the population – undernourished, according to UN officials, who have reported a drop in food production last year. UN resolutions specify that sanctions should not affect humanitarian aid but relief organizations argue that strict trade and banking measures are creating bureaucratic obstacles and slowing down the flow of vital supplies. A US proposal put forward last month would provide clear instructions to aid organizations and governments to apply for UN sanctions exemptions for North Korea, according to the text seen by AFP. After weeks of negotiations, the UN sanctions committee is expected to give final approval to the new guidelines on Monday. Once approved, a notice will be sent to the UN’s 193 member-states by the committee “to provide a clear explanation of its… Read full this story
- North Korea and Diplomatic Solutions; Random Thoughts Part I
- North Korea: Little Prospect for a Diplomatic Breakthough Through the Medium-Term
- North Korea Casinos
- North Korea and Diplomatic Solutions - Random Thoughts Part Iii
- North Korea Should Make E85 Ethanol
- North Korea Long Range Missile Testing and USA Threat
- President Bush Wins Again in Diplomacy Efforts - This Time in North Korea!
- A Nuclear North Korea-and Unfazed Penny Stocks
- North Korea Has a 9300 Mile Range Missile that can hit San Francisco Girlie Men
- Ethanol, Water, Pollution, North Korea and Free Trade
UN moves to unblock humanitarian aid to North Korea have 295 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 2, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.