The neo-noir tactical game Vigilantes will be leaving Early Access on Steam on October 4, 2018, according to a news post on the game’s Steam Community page.
Vigilantes is a turn-based strategy game developed by independent Irish-based Timeslip Softworks. It’s somewhat in the vein of stuff like XCOM; you’ll have to carefully position your character as you take down bad guys on the map in a turn-based combat system. Players can target specific areas of the enemy’s body or make use of the environment in interesting ways, adding a slightly more complex dynamic than one would typically see in an indie game for this genre. Check out the Release Trailer to get an idea of what the game’s combat is all about:
Of course, there’s more to the game than just the raw combat. Vigilantes is exactly what it says on the tin – a title about regular folks fed up with a worrying trend of crime in their city. You’ll investigate gangs, interrogate their members, and bust up their hideouts with a party of characters loaded for bear. You had best make sure no one gets away, either – the adversary system ensures that any escaping enemies will come back stronger at a later time to exact their revenge.
The product of a successful Kickstarter campaign, Vigilantes was originally expected to release in May of 2017. While a number of factors led to delays, the developers continued to work on their game to bring it to fruition (albeit a bit late). If you’d like to get your hands on this indie strategy game, you can pick it up on Steam or directly from the developer for $14.99 or your regional equivalent. Bear in mind that the developer stated there will be a limited time discount at launch, so you might want to wait until then if you’d like to save a couple of bucks. Vigilantes releases on October 4, 2018.
What do you think of Vigilantes? Does the theme of a neo-noir game of this genre appeal to you? Let us know in the comments below!
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
Robert N. AdamsSenior Writer
I’ve had a controller in my hand since I was 4 and I haven’t stopped gaming since. CCGs, Tabletop Games, Pen & Paper RPGs – I’ve tried a whole bunch of stuff over the years and I’m always looking to try more!
- Nicki Minaj sued for allegedly arriving late and leaving early for performance at NBA event
- Gutfeld: Trump Officials Like Dodgers Fans, Leaving Early to Beat Traffic
- Adrien Brody goes neo-noir with 'Manhattan Night'
- Helen Purcell, Maricopa County's elections umpire, calls her last game and leaves lasting legacy
- Can proposal to run train to downtown Indy for Colts, Pacers games overcome obstacles?
- Tully: In Indy, politics gets in the way of early voting
- Stephen Strasburg leaves early as precaution, Nationals beat Diamondbacks
- St. John’s trying to get out of New York ahead of blizzard, Red Storm plans to leave early for Creighton game in Omaha
- MTA Chairman Jay Walder announces resignation, will leave agency in October
- 'The Walking Dead' mobile video game to be released in October